Monday, August 31, 2009

Crafts & Hobbies #61: Craftspiration

Browsing the sites such as Instructibles and Craftzine, my hands itched to do some of these projects. Just the other day, I saw a papier maché bowl I just had to make. Nonetheless, I haven't made time to enjoy this hobby in years. One of the projects on Craftzine uses an apple as a vase. My first thought was, "Well, I could do that." However, my second thought was, "When would I do it, though?"

I prefer written instructions with pictures for crafts. Of course, I might try watching a video again. Back in my day, we didn't have YouTube or streaming video on our computers.

When I was a Girl Scout, I enjoyed the times we did craft projects the most. I made Gods' eyes, decorated t-shirts, and Christmas ornaments. Since my Girl Scout days, I haven't made the time for crafts. In seeing this iHCPL module and working on the Crafts-to-Go program at Freeman, I've returned to one of my favorite pasttimes.

No comments: